Wednesday 14 April 2010

What's in a name?

It's those five little words that every guy, at some point, says to their drinking buddies:
"we should buy a bar!"
I hope that you're all ready for a whole bunch of himym references. Just sayin'. Since the chances of me ever owning a bar are slim, I thought that I would use my list of kick-ass pub names for this blog. So here, in no particular order, are the top ten:

The Goose & Cloud (from this wicked cool website)
The Wallace & Grommit (with cheese!!!)
The Draughtsman's Pint
The Bricklayer's Arms (which is just a great pub to drink at in shoreditch)
The Long Man (pickup lines much?)
The Pig & Whistle
The Obvious Syrup (A syrup is slang for a wig)
The Fox and the Hedgehog
The Figs & Mice (who's a WOT dork? I'm a WOT dork. I will not apologize)
and finally...
The Blue Bollard (which has a fine tradition)

I think that the blue bollard just sort of rolls off your tongue, although I wonder how easy it would be to say drunk...must research this later. Anyway, we have a name for this blog, so let the games begin. New template and some bollard drawings will soon follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment