Sunday 18 April 2010

shabby sheik


... or maybe side-of-the-road sheik.  Whatever else it is (be nice) this is also the collage/map of shoreditch I just put together this morning.  It's hanging up in the kitchen as we speak, adding a much needed bit of color.  I'm particularly hoping that the collage will distract the eye from a dead pigeon that's been stuck in some webbing right outside the window next to that wall.  I was going name it 'we are absolute vintage' but my fiance (hereafter referred to as babydoll ... hedgehog ... that girl ...), she suggested 'stuff I found on the street' which I like more than the other title.  The whole collage is made of fliers that I picked up in shoreditch, usually on sunday morning when we went to bricklane for the markets.  It's the perfect time because all of clubs and parties have left their saturday night detritus lying about and the cleaning crews haven't had the chance to sweep up all the art lying on the pavements.

So this is my first try at making one Art each week; we'll just have to see if I can keep it up.

And I've finally thought of a callsign for the fiance:  Goose.
That's right, she is the goose to my maverick.
Thoughts?

back to the drawing board I guess...

1 comment: