Monday 19 April 2010

Hedgehog fundamentalism

There is a quote from some greek that says:
'The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing'
This quote is great for philosophers; they've used the quote to talk about everything from the internet to religious fundamentalism.  I think it's great because somebody came up with this photo of hedgehogs in
gas masks. I mean, how cool is that?!  Inspired by this obviously undoctored image, I've decided that someone needs to come out with an animated series about the wars between the hedge and the heath that is destroying the english country side.  As long as it's light on the references to religious extremism, I think it could be great.  Think of it as 'the Secret of Nimh ' meets 'Tankgirl ' in way even small children enjoy.  Special characters would include a hedgehog wearing a TNT vest (we'll call her dyna), and possible some field mice with rapiers; because among my many other foibles is Narnia-fandom (BEFORE those horrible movies).  Maybe even a team of three sword-wielding mice; they could be the three mouseket (sorry).  Anyway, I'll leave you with a quote from this imaginary series:

"the foxes may know many things, but I know how to blow them straight to hell"
                                                            - Dyna the hedgehog

1 comment: