Wednesday 21 April 2010

black books

I've decided that this series will be the next obscure tv series that I sink my teeth into.  I've been a cbc junkie for quite some time (who would ever suspect the canadians of coming up with quality programming?  I was shocked. shocked! well not that shocked) but after they axed the jPod show I kind of lost heart.  It had the dry wit of douglas coupland set free in a world of surreal carnage.  It also had one of the greatest websites to flog it's tie-in merchandising, complete with free online video games and everything.  Sadly it's gone now, or I would totally be linking it right now.  le sigh.
Anyway, I breezed through the dollhouse last fall and haven't had a cult tv series since.  Let me tell you, there is nothing quite as cult as something that joss whedon has been at the helm of.  Now I'm ready to get back on the horse, so to speak.
Who wouldn't go for a show about abusing the people who wander into small bookshops, browse for 20 minutes, and then leave without getting anything?  I look forward to some wit at it's driest.

1 comment: