Wednesday 19 May 2010

me vs. the dust(wo)man

As starts go, today had quite the bad one in store for me.  I was slightly yelled at by a city worker for... throwing my garbage into a bin instead of leaving it on the side of the road.  You heard me.  While it was a small trash bag instead of loose litter, and given that leaving it on the street for the dustmen to pick up is technically the right thing to do, it still felt like littering to me.  And as I looked back at the dustman, with her hi-res trouser rings glistening in the dawn's light, her self-satisfied glower told me that it was worth it to her -following me down the street, around the corner and through a parking lot- just to tell me off.  Now I may be jumping to conclusions, but I think I may have found my nemesis.  This short, aged worker woman will be the tweety bird to my sylvester.  Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment